Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Love To Paint…..!

I love to paint…..just not my walls!  I’m getting ready for the “Where Bloggers Create Blog Party” and needed to spruce up my place, so I have been painting a little.  A little is right.  I haven’t been very enthused about it, so I found myself making excuses to avoid painting.  I took Friday off from work and got started.  First I “cut in” around a door, and about 3 feet of the baseboard. Then I wandered into the kitchen for some diet Coke.  Came back, cut in the corner, took a sip of my soda and cut in about 2 feet of the baseboard.

 

100_0143

Went to the kitchen and got some chips to go with my drink, ate those, sipped my drink and cut in around a window.  This went on for about 3 hours and I have only cut in about 1/2 of my room and gained 2 pounds!  At this rate, I’ll be painting right up to the wire on June 19th!

I’m going from a light color to a medium tone, but it is still going to take 2 coats (oh boy can’t wait!) .  Anyway…my new bloggy friends are worth this extra effort.  It’s like when your mother-in-law comes to visit and you give your house a good cleaning.  I want things to look nice for all of you! Well, I better get back to painting….the brush is calling out to me!

WhereBloggersCreate2button

Hope you will join me for the party and see the finished results! Have a safe holiday!

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious Girl!
    So, since today is Monday, does that mean you've already gained 8 pounds now? OR did ya finish the painting???
    I'm so excited for you...a room re-do is always fun...especially with coke and chips! :)))
    Can't wait to see it finished for the PAR-TAY!
    woooo hoooo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and visiting me!